Construction Dispute Avoidance
We regularly assist clients in avoiding or managing the impact of performance problems on the time and cost to complete their projects. These services include:
- Negotiating contracts and assisting with project administration to avoid and resolve disputes.
- Developing strategy for recovery of cost overruns and resolving contractor claims.
- Preparing or evaluating complex change order or equitable adjustment requests.
- Enhancing profitability by creating corporate procedures to improve cost tracking and documentation.
- Default and convenience terminations on public and private contracts.
- Payment disputes on projects bonded under the Miller Act and Little Miller Act.
- Insurance disputes, including owner wrap-up programs, efficacy insurance, comprehensive general liability and builder's risk policies.
- Mechanics' lien enforcement and defense.