Daniel D. Rounds
Tysons Corner Office
8000 Towers Crescent Drive, Suite 900
Tysons Corner, VA 22182
Phone: (703) 847-6300
Fax: (703) 847-6312
Mr. Rounds represents clients in government contract and construction matters. Mr. Rounds provides counsel on a wide range of federal and state construction, procurement, and grant issues, including contract negotiation, contract changes and claim preparation, contract termination settlements, and regulatory compliance including Buy America and other domestic preference regulations.
Mr. Rounds has experience litigating complex construction disputes. He has assisted clients in Federal and State courts, in domestic arbitration, and in international arbitration under the International Chamber of Commerce.
- William & Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law (J.D., May 2007) -Member, Environmental Law and Policy Review
- College of William & Mary (B.A., cum laude, History and Government, May 2004)
- Commonwealth of Virginia, 2007
- State of Maryland, 2008
- District of Columbia, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- American Bar Association - Section of Public Contract Law; Forum on the Construction Industry
- Virginia State Bar, Construction Law and Public Contracts Section
- Maryland State Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- National Contract Management Association, Tysons Corner Chapter
- Updated “Chapter 10 – Special Cost Items” of Cost Reimbursement Contracting, 4th Ed., by Ralph C. Nash, Jr. & John Cibinic, Jr. with Stephen D. Knight
- Updated “Chapter 26 – Construction Law” of the Handbook of Virginia Local Government Law, Ninth Edition (2013) and Tenth Edition (2014) with John M. Cook
- “Green Building: Another Factor in the Risk Management Portfolio” with Edmund M. Amorosi
- The Virginia Bar Association News Journal, Fall 2009
Presenter, Government Contract Basics: Claims and Disputes, CLE hosted by the DC Bar, February 21, 2018.
Presenter, Government Contracts Basics: Contract Performance and Subcontracting, CLE hosted by the DC Bar, September 20, 2017.